Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is eligible for VCU’s Dual Career Program?
A spouse or partner of a newly hired permanent faculty or staff member who is being employed by the university through a regional or national recruitment effort, who will become or is unemployed due to their relocation.
2. What does the Dual Career Program offer?
VCU’s Dual Career Program offers job search information to spouses or partners of newly hired or prospective VCU faculty and staff.
3. How do I enroll in the Dual Career Program?
If you are interested in receiving dual career assistance, complete the request form on the contact us page.
4. Am I guaranteed employment?
The Dual Career Program cannot guarantee placement in a position inside or outside of VCU. We do provide a range of services designed to help VCU faculty spouses and partners:
- Job search information
- Access to on campus and local job opportunities
- Resources to include: relocation assistance/information, networking opportunities and leads within the community, and tools for refining a resume or CV and preparing for an interview
5. Will I be given preferential treatment for VCU positions?
We exercise fairness and consistency in everything we do and thus we cannot guarantee employment for VCU positions. Employment will be based on skills and qualifications.
6. Can you assist me with finding employment outside of VCU?
Our dual career program can help increase the spouse or partner's opportunities for success in their search for employment in Richmond and surrounding areas, as well as offering assistance to help them settle into the area.
7. Can you assist me with finding an academic position?
Our dual career program can help increase the spouse or partner's opportunities for success in their search for employment at VCU or in Richmond and surrounding areas.
8. How long will you assist me with my job search?
We recognize that searching for a new position takes time. We are here to assist you however we can.
9. What is VCU’s commitment to Diversity and Inclusion?
VCU is committed to ensuring an inclusive and welcoming environment for all of its constituents. We value diversity and are committed to equitable treatment for all. We are committed to diversity in all staff, faculty, and students and acknowledge and honor the fundamental dignity of all individuals. We aim to create an environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, ethnicities, religious beliefs, values, socioeconomic backgrounds and points of view experiences.
10. I have additional questions. How can I get in touch?
Our team can be reached via firstname.lastname@example.org and will reply to your inquiry as soon as possible.